|Subject: Pandion Systems Environmental Communications Specialist Position Announcement |
Environmental Communications Specialist position opening at Pandion Systems in Gainesville, Florida.
Please pass on to anyone that might be interested. See attached file for a printable version of the announcement below. Thank you!
Pandion Systems, Inc.
POSITION TITLE: Environmental Communications/ Education Specialist
FT/PT: Full Time with benefits
SALARY : Salary commensurate with experience
LOCATION: Gainesville, FL
DATE PREPARED: August 1, 2008
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
Pandion Systems, Inc. is an environmental communications and ecological consulting firm. We are seeking another full time staff member to join our communications team. The position will require work planning and implementing projects as both a project manager and a team member. Pandion's communications work is diverse and includes the areas of educational materials writing and design, teaching, training, facilitation, interpretation, and evaluation. We are looking for a motivated, creative, experienced person to contribute to and expand our work and enhance our expertise in natural resources, recreation, and environmental science. The communications team works closely with members of our ecological services team to implement a diversity of projects. Pandion was formed in 1998 and is based in Gainesville, Florida, with satellite offices in Texas and Vermont.
For more information on the services Pandion provides,
please visit our website: www.pandionsystems.com.
SPECIFIC MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO BE CONSIDERED FOR POSITION:
· MS, MA, or equivalent experience and a minimum of 5 yrs of applicable work experience
· Ability to complete high quality work in multiple areas of the environmental communications field
· Extensive experience in environmental communications/education
· Background in natural resources
· Strong writing skills including ability to write successful proposals for projects and grants
· Desire and ability to work with people and teach
· Ability to work as a team member, work independently, and take direction
· Experience coordinating multiple tasks and duties simultaneously on a variety of projects
· Ability to manage and supervise projects
· Proven clear and effective communication skills
· Strong experience working with Microsoft applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
SPECIFIC DUTIES MAY INCLUDE ANY AND ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
· Plan and manage multiple environmental communications projects and project teams with budgets ranging from $5,000 to $250,000+
· Pursue environmental communications/education work that meets Pandion's strategic goals and supports your particular areas of expertise
· Work with Pandion staff members as part of project teams
· Write educational and interpretive materials on environmental topics, including but not limited to curricula, technical reports, publications, and interpretive materials for the public.
· Conduct trainings and meetings related to diverse environmental topics
· Facilitate meetings with diverse stakeholders and clients
· Design and conduct program evaluations including survey design, data collection, and data analysis
· Work effectively with clients from federal, state, local, private, and non-profit groups
· Complete tasks to meet client specifications and expectations
· Actively market Pandion services and provide business development
· Communicate with team members and clients in a clear, professional manner
· Write project proposals
· Write project reports
· Represent Pandion by speaking at professional meetings and conferences
· Coordinate projects with Pandion's ecological services department
· Work under supervision of department director
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
Pandion is a small consulting company whose work comes from acquiring projects through client contacts and proposal writing. We are looking for a productive creative person that can accomplish multiple projects at one time. Communications team members are expected to network and actively pursue work opportunities. Team members both lead and participate in project teams. The successful applicant will be one who has a friendly professional demeanor and attitude with effective interpersonal skills. This person will be creative, innovative, self motivated, self managing, and possess a rigorous concern for high quality work. They should foster creativity in themselves and others while being confident enough to adapt well to change and receive constructive criticism. Constant learning and feedback is an integral part of the Pandion work environment. There should be a demonstrated ability to work under pressure of deadlines and put in extra hours as needed to complete projects on time. Pandion's mission includes a commitment to environmental and scientific ethics and our staff feels that our work is more than "just a job."
We are interested in increasing our technological capabilities so candidates with experience in web-based curricula design and implementation, online media, digital technologies, and video production (in addition to the required natural resource background) are encouraged to apply. Individuals with a background in water resources and/or climate change are encouraged to apply as these are seen as growth sectors in Florida.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EFFORT:
· Majority of work will be completed in an office environment
· Travel (both statewide and national) is frequently required for projects
· Must be able to move supplies and materials up to 40 lbs
· Must be willing to work flexible hours as needed to complete projects within deadlines
THE PANDION WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Pandion is a unique environmental consulting company. We have a diverse staff, each with their own interests. We encourage creativity in the workplace and recognize that each of us has something to offer the whole team. We appreciate good humor and a strong, but open-minded, approach to work and work life. We are looking for someone who can deal with varying work demands will put in extra effort when called for. We encourage staff to pursue work in their areas of expertise while also supporting Pandion's strategic goals. We offer the chance to use your area of expertise on a variety of projects in a positive helpful atmosphere. Our comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees is superior to most companies of our size. We understand the occasional need for a flexible schedule and respect the importance of personal time. We all work hard and assist and support each other whenever needed.
Please send your resume and a cover letter (two pages or less) that briefly addresses the following:
1. Discuss why you are interested in a position with an environmental consulting company.
2. Discuss how your experience will help Pandion with its environmental communications and education projects.
3. What unique skills or experience can you bring to Pandion?
4. What are three key qualities that you are looking for in an organization that employs you?
Applicants should be prepared to provide writing samples upon request.
SEND COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
Jodie Newman, HR Director, Pandion Systems, Inc.
102 NE 10th Ave., 1st Floor, Gainesville, FL 32601
No phone calls, please.
Pandion Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.